Blog Post 3

The ruling on the curfew law is rather sensitive at the moment Because of the flash mob attack on south street and other heinous acts during the summer, teens are being viewed as violent and sometimes criminal. The nature of the media and news reports of the event caused a form of dehumanization of Young adults. However there was only a small fraction of the teens in the city there partaking in the actions on south street; and although there were extremely awful actions taking place, for the amount of people there there was not a strong percentage of young adults present at the event doing horrible things. It would seem that in their act of highlighting certain portions of the event that teens would be put further down just for having the capability to do such things.
In retrospect I can see why the curfew was in acted. What is more troubling is the fact that if you are caught at all you can be arrested and what;s more is the fact that police are given the power to question any one who appears to be under age. This treatment can only be combated by the teens if they carry some form of identification with them when they are going to be out. This is similar in fashion to the treatment of people in Arizona durning their time under the law that allowed police to arrest people who couldn't prove their citizenship.
The public has been put in fear of the situation and because of that fear most will see the curfew as a good thing. Most adults if asked will say that there is nothing wrong with the curfew at all. They see it as a way to keep children in order. However there are some more conservative families that believe the government as no right to make laws about how to raise their children.