Brooke Thompson Artist Statement

My name is Brooke Thompson and I'm 16 in the 11th grade. Personally I don't consider myself a very artistic/ visual person. But when taking a art class I became more excited and interested in things that meant something to me. 
At first I wasn't to comfortable with being in a art class but when I was introduced to Aurora Robson, an artist who used all recyclable materials to create beautiful art work, I became more interested.  I wasn't good at drawling or painting so I didn't like using those mediums but then I realized recyclables thing could be my medium. 
For our project we were asked to make something out of recyclable materials that meant something to us. So i had to think of something that meant the most to me, and the first thing that came to my mind was clothes. The things I wear on my body man a lot because their how I express myself. So I decided to make a dress out of recyclable materials. 
I worked with a partner on this project and we used materials such as trash bags, plastic cups, wire, bottle caps as well as news paper. She created the skirt and I created the bra. We used the trash bags to create the skirt. And we used plastic cups wire and cloth to create the bra. 
We didn't get to finish the project but its a work in progress and we do plan on finishing below is a preview f our work so far. 

Below is apart of the skirt as well as the start of the bra.
Screen shot 2011-01-14 at 10.11.26 AM
Screen shot 2011-01-14 at 10.11.26 AM
Screen shot 2011-01-14 at 10.11.16 AM
Screen shot 2011-01-14 at 10.11.16 AM