Drug brochure

For the ¨You and the world¨ project, My issue around the world is drug abuse around the United States.  For my agent of change , I made a brochure for teachers and students at Science Leadership Academy. The brochure consisted of facts about drugs and tips you should take if someone around you, or maybe even you are experiencing an addiction to drugs. Other than my brochure, there are many rehab centers near your neighborhood  who are looking for people who are addicted to drug, so they can get help as soon as possible. In my last two blog post, I talked about how the United States as a whole is affected by drugs and how us as citizens should take awareness of this major issue.

My opinion on drugs abuse is that I think that it is unfair that when the topic of drug abuse comes up, people first thought is adults. I feel as though older generations needs to pay more attention to teens who are a risk of becoming addicted to drugs. Today, the rate of teens who are using drugs have increased insanely because older generations are not paying any attention to their children and young people. I feel as though there needs to be a drug programs just for teens because if a teen is in a room with all adults it creates an uncomfortable environment. Me being a teen, I know that I would feel more comfortable with people who have things in common with me. Although there are websites on the internet about steps to take on what to do if your are experiencing addiction, We need something to do after we finish all these complicated steps. We need something that teens can rely on.

So far during this ¨You and the world¨, I have talked to my friends about using drugs on the daily. Also, I became more aware of how many people are using drugs, tobacco, or even alcohol in my neighborhood.  In addition, I have also tried to persuade a few friends of mind to stop using drugs, Some tended to get upset, but I don't mean to make them upset; I want them to know what they are doing to their bodies and the people around them.  Here's a link to my brochure if you or anyone around you are affected by drugs.

This rough photo above is a preview on of my drug brochure. If you or someone near you is experiencing drug abuse and addiction please use this information here above.  You may also find a few inside Ms. Giorgio's room or with the school counselor. If you live in or near the area of southwest, they have them inside the SouthWest Police Athletic League on 58th and Elmwood.

ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY