Element Print Project 2011

My element is Indium, this element is used to make mirrors and touch screen computers. I came up with the idea for my print because Indium is used in touch screens, so I decided to use and apple iphone. Once we had drawn the original idea, we copied it on to tracing paper. After that, we placed it onto the linoleum tiles so there was the outline on the tile. We carved out everything we wanted to be negative space, and left everything that we wanted to be positive space. Once they were all cut, we rolled paint onto the tables, and then onto our linoleum tiles, we placed paper on top of the tiles and made sure the paint got everywhere. Then we had our print. I thought the project was really fun, but kind of difficult. You needed to know negative space and positive space really well to be able to start carving, and when you did your drawing. I thought it just really reinforced what we learned about negative space. If i did this project again, i would carve the linoleum out more carefully, because i messed up on some parts of it.
Screen shot 2011-06-13 at 11.44.55 AM
Screen shot 2011-06-13 at 11.44.55 AM