Fracking- Lobbying Assignment #2

Hydraulic frac­tur­ing or “frack­ing” (will explain everything about fracking under the EPA)  is a tech­nol­ogy used to extract nat­ural gas that lies within a shale rock for­ma­tion thou­sands of feet beneath the earth’s surface.

minding companies are really pushing fracking really hard because it put up more pay for them and also jobs. they are now trying to buy off homes. so for example they will pay a person who has land on a minding and they will pay them money so that they can drill on their land. Landowners in shale gas drilling areas have reported foul smells in tap water, and toxic chemicals, such as benzene, have been detected in water from wells near drilling sites. In some cases, tap water can even be set aflame because it is contaminated with volatile chemicals because of shale gas drilling. the federal Energy Policy Act of 2005 exempted hydraulic fracturing from regulation under the Safe Drinking Water Act, shale gas drillers don’t have to disclose what chemicals they use. 65 chemicals that are probable components of the fracking fluids used by shale gas drillers. These chemicals included benzene, glycol-ethers, toluene, 2-(2-methoxyethoxy) ethanol, and nonylphenols. All of these chemicals have been linked to health disorders when human exposure is too high.

Water contamination from shale gas drilling could be threatening the health of thousands of people. so they way com pines feel about it all is if you feel as though your water or your air is being polluted then you should call who ever is in charge. this way it can be taken care of as soon as possible. the state feel as though its very important that it gets taken care of asap.   

ExampleOfHydraulicFracturing
ExampleOfHydraulicFracturing
TimelineAndImpacts
TimelineAndImpacts