Globalization Q4 Benchmark: Photo Essay

This Project was interesting to me, it wasn't too difficult to complete after I knew what pictures I needed, the hardest part was finding things to take pictures of. I had a really hard time taking the pictures of the right buildings, and artifacts, and trying to make it interesting all at the same time. I selected the images by narrowing down which building, or idea could be used for certain topics, and then finding that location and taking a picture of it. My favorite image on this photo essay would have to be the photo of the Chinatown Arch, because although it is faded in my project, it was the coolest picture I used and looks really interesting. I feel as though if I knew what I was looking for, and we had talked more in class about where to find some things that relate to each topic this project would have been a lot more about learning how they work into globalization, and less about what picture goes with which topic. In Philadelphia, I think that Globalization is less prevelent than in other cities such as New York and Los Angeles because those cities get a lot more immigration, and new businesses than we do, they are better positioned for more prevalent globalization to occur.