Hard work never pays off

All I want is more money from my manager. I work 5 days a week with 8 hour shift, even work on the weekends and still get paid 8.25. I go to school for 8 hours then work til 11:30 then have to get home to eat shower and clean then sleep .

(looks up at customer)

‘’Hello how I may help you’’?

‘’You want a 20 pc nugget with small fries’’ ?

‘’Ard your total is $5.25’’

‘’Thank you your number is 323

(looks back at audience)

I am a good employee i’m nice to the customers I give them what they ask for , I give them extra sauce when they need it. I just don’t understand. Mcdonald's is a corny job but like I mean i'm 17 so i'm cool just want money. My employees are some weird ass girls. All I do is go to work get my money and get my grades up at school. These girls be coming to work 1 hour late then be flirting with the customers like OKAY.

‘’Hey Riah”

‘’When is your shift ?

‘’Same.”

‘’ Did the manager give you more money?

‘’ No he didn't give me more money I was just arguing with him. He gave clarissa more money like that's not fair.

‘’ Exactly but i'm about to go on break so I talk to you later

Riah was the only person I really liked at work. She just real blunt and that’s what I like about her.  One time Riah was working on a shift with one of her co-workers who name is Ria and she never comes on time and she decided to take Riah shift and Riah just told her off.

I just got off break and I have only 30 mins left before I clock out.

‘’ I still want that raise’’ I said

( Walking up to the manager)

‘’ What do you mean you can’t ‘’ ?

‘’ If I don’t get a raise then your just going have to lose me’’

( Walking away with anger)

This dumb ass manager don’t wanna give me a raise. I come on time and do what I need to do and he can't give me a raise. Ard bitch.

‘’ Riah I have 10 mins left If Mark doesn't give me no raise i'm blowing this popsicle stand up ‘’

‘’ So serious he can give these bitches all this money but when I ask its I cant’’.

‘’ Jessica , Ria and the rest of her ugly ass group never on time , always flirting like I mean we not in 6th grade we are in 11th grade working at Mcdonalds’’

‘’ I know i'm right all these ass whoopins my momma set me straight’’.

‘’ Its 10:30 my shift is over now it's time for my raise’’

( Walks outside to wait for the manager at his car)

‘’ It's cold ashit outside’’

‘’ Mark Mark you know what I want right ?

‘’ Ok good so let's bring the checks out and give me a raise’’

‘’ All the fuck you keep saying is no all you can say no like the fuck

‘’ Hell no i'm going to get my raise heffa ‘’

( Marks keep talking to Danielle to calm her down while a crazy car is coming)

‘’ MOVE OUT THE WAY!’’ I said

( BOOM)

‘’ Yo mark really dead yo he dead’’

( Cops questioning danielle)

‘’ I would not kill no old head he was boutta die anyway he was like 50

‘’ If I get arrested mark i'm coming after your dead ass’’

( Walking into the cop car)

‘’ I swear I didn't kill the old head I swear’’

‘’ Mark left me a will ?’’

( Reading the will)

‘’ Danielle my vanilla ice cream , I left this will for you because you was my favorite employee which I could marry you but you was 17 and you know I was your old head. On the back of this its a raise of what you wanted.

‘’ Now I feel like a bag of bullshit’’

English monologue

Desarae Gilbert (Student 2018)
Desarae Gilbert

I connected with this character because of the very laid back language in it. A moment that will stick with me is ‘’ Danielle my vanilla ice cream , I left this will for you because you was my favorite employee which I could marry you but you was 17 and you know I was your old head. On the back of this its a raise of what you wanted. ‘’ Now I feel like a bag of bullshit’’ because its a plot twist and because it really funny.