I can't eat those nuts.

Caroline, Alexis, and I were walking to the bus stop. We saw the bus a few blocks away and we could have made it on. However, I wanted to buy some nuts from Trader Joe's before we went home. So we caught the next bus, it came about twenty minutes later. All three of us had our headphones in, jamming to whatever music, it wasn't a bad bus ride. When we are about a half mile away from our stop, the bus turns and goes in the wrong direction. When it happens, all three of us immediately look at each other and burst out laughing, because the road is clear so there would be no reason to take a detour. Alright fine, the bus turns again and is going parallel to it's route. It will make the next available turn and get back on track, right? Caroline exclaims, "I have to pee!" Alexis says, "Me too! I've been holding it in the whole ride!" Then I say, in agreement, "Ugh I just want to get home!" Our stop was approaching, and the bus just keeps going. We continue to laugh out loud, but now we're actually concerned, because not only have we passed our stop on the detour, but this bus just keeps going. So the three of us walk up to the front and ask the bus driver what's going on. She tells us there was an problem down the road. She announced the detour, but we all had headphones in so we didn't hear it. She said she even heard us laughing from the back of the bus, and we told her we thought that we were getting kidnapped and taken hostage. We had a good laugh about it. It turns out that there was a accident, the bus before us and a motorcycle collided and the man on the motorcycle died. That was the bus that we would have been on if I hadn't stopped to buy nuts. So we get off and walk to our houses and we pass by the scene on the way back. There was blood on the ground and cops all around, the man was no longer there, but we could see his motorcycle on the ground next to the bus. He drove out of the parking lot of the bar and right into the bus. He died instantly. 

Get this though, the accident happened exactly one block past where the three of us get off the bus anyway. So not only would we not have been in the accident because we would have been off the bus, but the time it takes us for the bus to stop and us to get off would have caused the bus to be a few seconds behind. Therefore, the man on the motorcycle would not have hit the bus. He would still be alive if we were on that bus.