Illegal Domestic Spying: Zillah and Trevor

This is a small project that was done surrounding the issue of illegal domestic spying and what exactly caused the NSA (National Security Agency) to go from looking and tapping into calls coming from foreign countries to being able and going around tapping into any cellular device even emails on occasion looking for a "domestic threat". This is meant to give a brief inside into a specific piece of a bigger idea surrounding the privacy of the American People; this also goes against the 4th amendment which states that without a warrant appointed by a three-judge court a search a seizure can't be performed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0v1OuQirMQ&context=C3e65be8ADOEgsToPDskLn2XijvV__y1uKIO46rzHx

Why did you choose this topic?:

Me and my partner chose this project because not only did it seem interesting but it was something that we as young adults could relate to because of our involvement in the electronic community and how we used phones on the daily basis and didn't think something like this could happen.

What did you like about this project? What was most challenging?

I liked how as we went through everything we learned and gathered more information regarding what exactly this was dealing with and that it was a much bigger issue than just the idea that we were looking at, however at the same time it was very challenging when looking for the exact points and information we could use so that it would be relevant to what we were trying to convey in our video.

Describe the most interesting fact or event that you investigated.

The most interesting fact that we found was during one of the court cases the judge in the case went back to square one with one of the heads of the NSA asking him to briefly talk about what it was this was intended to do and in doing so never really denied the fact that they never asked for a warrant to be issued to tap into phones that weren't foreign

How could this project be improved?

I think that this project could be improved by maybe making the video a little longer as well as making it so that there was more detail in the video for the audience to get more out of it as a whole.

Where did you run into trouble with the project?

We ran into trouble when looking at where exactly different points and clips should be placed because we had so many to use and so many that went with each other that it was hard at times to actually pick out which clip would actually convey a message.

What went well with this project?

I think the projects main goal and the ideas found in the video were some things that went well for this project as well as the concepts for the video

If you had it to do over, what would you change about your decisions or your process?

I would probably change just the process by which we went about looking for things as well as what exactly we were going to use to make the project an overall success.

What did you learn?

I learned about how certain amendments can be skewed and changed around to fit something in particular but I also learned about how the government has complete power to do whatever it is they see fit to do.