Immigration Visualization Project

Here is our Link!
username: msanders123
password: yogurt123

For American History we had to analyze and interpret different graphs that represented the population increase correlating to immigration. Interestingly enough, it seemed that inhabitants of this world would come to America even in its worst time of peril.  I would say that the population/immigration wouldn't increase and probably stay at a steady rate. With the constant fighting between congress, the economy, and the revival of the judgmental American I cannot imagine an influx of people migrating to the U.S.

Originally, we had planned to create a video representing immigration and population in a super creative way. But nevertheless we decided to stick to the normal criteria of a visual project. The first picture is a picture of my original work, the second is the group presentation. Nothing was challenging besides effective communication between the group members. Honestly to do this over, I would have done the video if more time was allotted. It would have been a nice addition to this blog post. The most difficult task was having creativity while trying to make a decent mathematical/visual representation of the information given to us.

Slide1
Slide1
Screen shot 2011-09-23 at 9.51.12 AM
Screen shot 2011-09-23 at 9.51.12 AM

Anonymous

The correlation between the events in history really give a thorough explanation of how there is repetition in history. Visually, it appeals to the audience and produces thought.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Paige Wayman (Student 2013)
Paige Wayman

What I thought was interesting was the choice of visuals. A good picture is when there is no need for any explanation whats so ever. So I thought it was interesting just looking at the pictures and understanding what they meant, and the history, and the meaning behind them. Good job Winston.

Jessica Hinton (Student 2013)
Jessica Hinton

This is pretty nice visual. I think adding pictures with the information was good, because it gives people an idea of what may have been going on. Both are very organized and neat.

Brianna Perrin (Student 2013)
Brianna Perrin

I like how you have any amazing visual. You have colors that pop, and a square timeline that goes in order. One thing I like how everything flows together in the first diagram. The second one is pictures and it makes the chart which I like.