Incident Z Chapter2sec4 (for 2/16/11)

I quickly ran up in fear that something would happen to her. I had my gun at the ready and ran out into the bright light, it took about 5 seconds for my eyes to adjust but I could hear it right off the bat, we were surrounded.  I opened my eyes when I could and a zombie was directly in front of me, too close to shoot. I let out a gasp of horror but then I was relived as a club came out of nowhere striking the zombie in the head and away from me.  I was relived but I did not let my guard down, we still had a lot of zombies around us. Nicole and I were surrounded by at least 20 zombies,  there were already a lot on the ground from when Nicole ran up without me. I raised my pistol up and started firing, I did not count the shots this time, I just shot until my clip was empty and the slid on the top of the gun locked back.  I loaded the other clip fast, now only one clip left with 15 shots in the gun. I looked around and there were not many zombies left. Nicole was going around pushing the rest off the roof with her club.  “look over here” Nicole said and I quickly came over. I was feeling relived and nervous at the same time. i was just glad that Nicole made it out of that alive “this is where they were coming up.” I looked at what she was pointing at, and there was a ramp like thing and a few things they probably could craw up on. We both started knocking all ways off and on the roof off. Now the zombies would not be able to get up. “just?” I turned to face Nicole “promise me something”

“yeah?”

“be strong, and if I ever get bite, can you be the one to shoot me?”

“im not going to want to….but if I have to….yeah I guess”

“good” she pulled up her sleeve reveling a bite mark not so far away from her wrist, I just now noticed the blood on her hoody. She wore red so i did not notice this before. my heart skipped a beat, I almost fell down. I had trouble standing. Sweat came out of nowhere and I had tears in my eye

“no I can’t”

“you promised”

“…but..oh come on this aint fair” tears were in my eyes now and I was borderline crying. I could not help but feel cheated. My hands were lose around the grips of my gun, my hands were sweaty now. I gripped the gun with a firmer grip.

“do it!”

“what do I tell Chris?”

“the truth now go ahead”

“..but…i..” I felt my hand on the grip, my heart was beating faster then ever. “ I love you” and that time I meant it. She smiled and nodded

“I love you too…now kill me”

I  did love her, but that didn’t’ matter, not anymore.. I raised my fathers gun paused for a second that seemed like an hour, then I pulled the trigger. She dropped to the ground, a hole in her head. My hand was shaking and my stomach hurt now. I threw up.The sight of her brains on the floor made me sick and the look in her eyes.  I could barley stand it. I put the gun to my head and pulled the trigger