Jesus Jimenez - Marking Period 2

I did this Comic to represent the 23.59% that makes up my life, video games. It's not only amazing what people do to make video games and make those little pictures of bodies move, their dedication is incredible. Anyway, I wanted to make a little tribute to video games in this comic. I intended it to have around 3 chapters, so everyone could read it and be like "I know who that is! I played with him in ____" but that didn't go as planned. In the future, I might keep working on this, it's not the end of this yet!

I started out finding "sprites" which are essentially all the frames it takes for a character to move in any pixel looking game (like Super Mario). They are 32-bit sprites, which means that they allow basically more detail. There are also 16bit and 8 bit, which are waaaayyyyyy old. I used Photoshop to get rid of picture backgrounds, and to cut and paste background and characters into pictures. It seems like it's easy, but finding the pictures and then resizing them is a lot of handwork. It's easier said than done. I used Photoshop because it naturally comes easy to me, it's not hard to use.

I've done sprite comics before, when I was a bit younger. They were bad quality and there was no definite story line in them. Now that I learned how to be a better writer (I sure hope so!), writing the story was the best part of this! I want to make a series with these and put them on a blog and update them weekly, like a page a week. I sure would like to continue this, and hopefully finish the series as I wanted to. So, that's basically it. Video games are a part of me, and although it may be silly to some it's a part that keeps me intact with my inner child. I'm not an addict though! I'm totally one of those guys that's okay with dying in a game just to text back!
Screen shots of the work I did!
Screen shot 2010-12-29 at 11.57.03 AM
Screen shot 2010-12-29 at 11.57.03 AM
Screen shot 2010-12-13 at 8.58.37 AM
Screen shot 2010-12-13 at 8.58.37 AM
Screen shot 2010-12-13 at 9.00.00 AM
Screen shot 2010-12-13 at 9.00.00 AM
INTRO3
INTRO3
sa1_sonic
sa1_sonic
^​This is a sprite sheet!^

____________________________
I don't want to spam this entire blog with my comic. So I uploaded a .ZIP file on Mediafire, so you guys can just download it there, unZIP it, and read! Enjoy!

WARNING: THE COMIC HAS SOMEWHAT MATURE HUMOR, AND HAS WORDS THAT SHOULDN'T BE USED IN SCHOOL! (But it's not nasty or anything... don't make that stop you from reading!)

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?w6v4t3e6t3qbjlb

But I will post one page on here just for a little preview.

Page_1
Page_1