Journals :)

Journal#1

Iago:

(aside) I have rubbed this young quat almost to the sense,

And he grows angry.

Now, whether he kill Cassio

Or Cassio him,

or each do kill the other,

He calls me to a restitution large

Of gold and jewels that I bobbed from him

As gifts to Desdemona.

It must not be. If Cassio do remain

He hath a daily beauty in his life

That makes me ugly. And besides, the Moor

May unfold me to him—there stand I in much peril.

(Looks down to his hands)

No, he must die. But so, I hear him coming. 

Iago looks and gestures to the audience his plan. He looks to the sky/ceiling about not giving Desdemona the gifts from Rodrigo. He looks down to speak to himself when saying Cassio must die. He walks off when he hears them coming.  

Journal#2

Cassio is Othello’s lieutenant, he plays a big role in the play. Iago uses Cassio to his advantage to take him out of his lieutenancy and trick Othello. Cassio wants to get his job back. He goes to talk to Desdemona in hope that she could convince her husband to give him his job back as lieutenant. Cassio wouldn’t do anything purposely to hurt his General. Though hes told that he can get his job back by speaking with Desdemona. She gave him her word she would help him get his job back. (Act 3 Scene 3)

Journal#3

Desdamona was young when her mother died. At a young age she had to learn how to clean and cook so she could take care of the house while her father worked. She wanted a little sister but never had one. She wished she had siblings growing up because she was lonely. Even when she had time with her father it wasn't much because he was always working. She grew bored very quickly with home life. As she got older she tried to escape the house as much as possible without her father knowing. She felt locked up in that old house. When she met Othello she knew that her father wouldn't like him. Though she fell in love with moor and didn't want anything to ruin it. Even if she had to stand up to her father. Though sweet and delicate Desdemona was determined for her love, for Othello. 

Journal #4

My characters tone of voice is gentle and isn’t in the scene very long. She comes in has four lines and then she leaves. She doesn’t very many movements but talking to her husband about Cassio. My prop is going to be a lap scarf as my handkerchief. My group has worked on different movements that can be done in the scene to make it look better and more convincing. A lot of the movements happen between Othello and Iago. We agreed on certain movements like Iago is moving around a lot whispering lies to Othello.

Journal#5

“Why your lieutenant Cassio, good my lord if I have any grace or power to move you, his present reconciliation take, I prithee call him back”

This is an important line for Desdemona because she is standing up for Cassio. Shes trying her best to guarantee his spot back as Othello’s lieutenant. Though that’s not what Iago has been telling Othello. So it changes how Othello sees her and how he feels about her when all she does is talk about Cassio. I think I did my best for this line. I tried to sound like I was trying to convince him to speak with Cassio. For the group performance I think it went really well. I’m proud of the fact that everyone in my group did there best even thought we all didn’t have our lines memorized and that’s one thing I would change so we could be more into the scene but I think it went really well. I think seeing the performances and performing part of the play helped better with the understanding of because some things registered that I might not have understood before. I think it gave everyone a better understanding of the play because we got to look at it in different ways and tones.