Kimberly Cayamcela: Quarter 3 Art Work

-Self Portrait Drawings
-Color Wheel
-Hair 
-2 Point Perspective
-Shading

-This 3rd quarter I found some difficulties in my drawings. I thought it would be easy to draw myself since it is I, myself who is drawing. But, that wasn't the case. The first self portrait was not too bad nut not too good. I expected to be more realistic with my face. My second attempt improved a lot. The way in which I drew my nose looks more real and accurate than my first attempt. Also, the lips look more real. My shading has improved this quarter, I believe. I have learned different ways to make shading more realistic, such as rubbing it with an eraser and spitting on the paper and smothering it. This drawing resembles me quite well because my hair is almost always covering one side of my face. 
-I was not satisfied with my color wheel. But, it's not that bad. I was a little confused in mixing the colors together and making it blend in like a rainbow. 

-Like I said above, I have incorporated shading techniques now that I know of them. Usually when I draw, I just scribble over and over again to make it look like hair. Now, when drawing hair, I color in the hair as if I was coloring a picture with crayola and smear it. 

-I really enjoyed drawing my 2 point perspective because I'm naturally good at drawing buildings and such.     My favorite part was drawing the shadow.             

-The shading within the shapes was definitely not my strongest drawings. I tried to over and over again and the below pictures were the best I could do. I don't know why shading was difficult with drawing these shapes if I can do a good job when drawing hair. Perhaps I just need better eye sight and need to learn how to work with pencil more. 
Over all I see that I'm improving with my drawing little by little and hope to continue doing so next quarter! 

imagejpeg_0
imagejpeg_0