Lit Log #1 (PSYCHO) - Koba Jaiser

I’m doing this movie title and poster lit log on Psycho (1960) because I feel like the poster could have been a lot better, however, this might spoil bits and pieces of the movie but it would look pretty awesome.

Dissociation - is a break in how your mind handles information. You may feel disconnected from your thoughts, feelings, memories, and surroundings. It can affect your sense of identity and your perception of time. The symptoms often go away on their own.

I changed the name to dissociate because that word means split personalities, something that is a big thing in Psycho. The element of personality is reflected a lot in this movie because there’s an atmosphere of the unknown. My poster doesn’t spoil anything for the movie but provides a simple yet complicated view of what the movie is about. Only when you get to a later point in the movie you’ll realize what the title is talking about. My poster also reflects the theme of the movie and that anyone could be in their alternate personality and you wouldn’t even know. I think dissociating fits the title for psycho because well it outlines that someone has another personality. It reflects how your mind does certain things to handle tough situations and I believe that Norman had this condition because he killed his mother and father’ he convinced himself that his mom was still there which is quite a dilemma that builds up so much suspense. The thought of being two people at once makes my mind feel strange but good at the same time because of how interesting it is to act like someone else. The poster I made this way split in half because I felt that split personalities fit the poster in a way that made it simple. I wanted to make it as simple as possible while still conveying my point of view on the movie psycho. The genre of the film is more or so a psychological thriller and is one of the most popular slashers being one of the first-ever to be a really big hit. I love slasher movies but this one is one of the few with a genuinely interesting story that kept me intrigued till the very end even if the plot midway changed. I think people would like this poster because of how simple yet complicated it is. It reflects the movie psycho well in a way we haven’t seen before. It’s a new take on psycho making the personalities the big focus. It’s the point of view that gets me and how interesting that can be because it can be so different depending on the person and you can tell the difference between the two sides even if it’s black and white. There’s nothing like watching psycho for the first time and that’s what I went through. It showed me a masterpiece of a slasher while keeping the atmosphere the same from beginning to end which is tough, especially being such an old film. So many elements here that are in other movies and shows brought me to a different place. Overall I want people to get a different perspective out of this movie poster.

Dissociate
Dissociate