My Print!

​Good gosh this took a while...

So this is the project that my class and I were doing from the month of April to the end of the school year. The project started off when we finished Negative Space Drawing. We were asked to sketch out a design for an element for an artistic periodic table of the elements. My element was number 55, Cesium. I chose the sun and blue background sky because Cesium is Latin for 'Sky Blue'. Once we had the sketch done, we were to re-sketch the design on a thin piece of tracing paper Once that was done, we retraced the design backwards on a Linoleum Tile. From there, we carved out the design on the block using a cutting handle, specifying what will be our negative or positive space from what we cut out from the block. Once that was done, we moved on to printing the design onto printing paper. The procedure was putting the paint on the table and using a roller to get some of the paint onto the block. We rolled the paint onto the block until every spot was filled in with the paint. We then took the block and pressed it on the print paper. After a few minutes of pressing, the print was printed.

This print was probably one of my best because there aren't many stray spots. The picture is easily distinguishable, compared to my other 3 pictures, and it sets a sort of calming mood. I enjoyed finishing this project, and I hope that the freshmen next year will share my enjoyment.   
Photo on 2011-05-26 at 11.27
Photo on 2011-05-26 at 11.27