Pre-Emption.. Cecelia, Sergm Chelsea Ann Smith (:

:)

Marley Utzig (Student 2013)
Marley Utzig

I really like the contrast in this picture. The Snake is going to do something even though it will hurt him because the bunny possibly doing something will hurt him. But there is no truth to the bunny hurting the snake or not. The Snake just believes that because the bunny has this small power then the bunny will use the power against the Bunny.

Terrance Oliveri-Wiliams (Student 2013)
Terrance Oliveri-Wiliams

I don't really understand this cartoon, but I think it has a lot to do with the match and cord in the corner. If it does, I think you should have made a larger emphasis on that; it is such a minute and concealed element of the cartoon. I love the drawings because I can recognize what each object is and how they consist of different countries. The bunny definitely looks scared, so I think that is a sign of fear and readiness to react.

Bethany Carter (Student 2013)
Bethany Carter

The thing that stands out the most to me is the comparison of the two countries with a snake, which can be one of the most dangerous animals, and a bunny, one of the lest frightening animals. I think it represents how America is such a powerful and dangerous country and yet we talk about other countries like they are a threat to us.

Pauline Garcia (Student 2013)
Pauline Garcia

When I saw this picture, I thought about the snake game where when the sake ate something, it grew more. I notice that because I saw flags connecting to it's body. I also know that the snake is America because of the hat. Then it's kind of funny because the bunny have a beard and mustache so I already thought of Israelis. I think this situation is a lose/lose because even though US is going to eat Iraq, Iraq have the power to blow itself off and damage US. But then it will also be hard for Iraq because US will surround them and giving them no choice but to give up.

Annisa Ahmed (Student 2013)
Annisa Ahmed

A lose-lose situation, really. The snake, or the U.S. is trying to digest another victim to help continue its reign, but the bunny doesn't seem to care. With a nonchalant face, he (is that the Iraqi flag on the jar?) is ready to go because the fuse is already lit, which will destroy the snake from the inside out. But still, nice work.

Longnu Nhan (Student 2013)
Longnu Nhan

I like how you guys drew the flags onto the snake. I thought that was very unique. This picture reminds me of the picture that Ben Franklin drew. I think it was Ben Franklin, not quite sure. The snake is pretty much making the decision of eating the bunny before it explodes which describes premption because the snake is making a move before the threat comes into play.

Vincent Russell (Student 2013)
Vincent Russell

The snake's skin shows the countries the U.S. has influence in or invaded. The hat symbolizes that the snake is the U.S. The bunny is in a bomb but the fuse isn't lit and the snake looks like its going to eat te bunny. The caption on the side says "I'm allergic to Bunny Guts!!!" which implies he is going to eat the bunny before he gets splattered. Overall, it's good and conveys pre-emption well.