Process Paper: School district Closing

My group’s topic was about the Philadelphia School District closing down Philadelphia public schools in order to save money. When we were given our topic we had to decide what audience we wanted to target, so we decided to target students since they were mainly the people being affected by the school closings. Once we had our audience that we were targeting we then had to choose how we wanted to get the word out and aware people of what was going on. As a group we split up what was going to be done, Tamatha was making a YouTube video, Jamekea was making a FaceBook page, Roger and I made a website. 

As a group we wanted to show students what the purpose of our campaign was about and how it was going to be established. Each day in class we set out goals about what was going to be needed by the end of the day. On Monday March 18, 2013, we wanted our campaign’s project to be done so we made sure that the YouTube video was done, the FaceBook page was made, and the website had all of the information needed for the audience to understand what we were trying to establish and help them understand.

On our website’s front page we wanted the audience to know what we were proposing in our campaign, the problem that was occurring, and what our campaign was about. We then wanted to give the audience information about what the main reason was that the school district was closing down schools. We showed our gallery of of video from news channels where they talked about what was going on in the Philadelphia School District and how students, teachers, and parents felt about the change that was occurring. Last but not least we represented our sources of our information that was provided. As  a group we worked hard to establish information and how we were going to get the word out about our campaign to students, this way they’ll be aware of what ways they can help save their school from being such down such as fundraising, parents helping out, and much more.