Q2 _Large Clear Object_Katherine Hunt

Throughout quarter two I decided to not opt out of the Moodle course and work on the assignments that were given. Throughout this quarter I decided to focus on photography aspects instead of drawing and such because of the fact that I am a person who is pretty camera shy. I also spent a numerous amount of time on my large clear object.

Large Clear Object-

This assignment that I made consisted of taking a clear object and shading it in terms of coloring shadows and making it look like it was on a real life surface. In quarter one we were given this exact assignment, instead it was made smaller. Once I was able to master how to make the drawing or at least had an idea I started this assignment. I began to look at the glass object from a bird eye's view instead of perceiving it from a regular eye view. First, I began by drawing the large clear figure with a pencil and then I  used charcoal to do the shading on my picture. Next, I made the shadows that I saw by shading it in darker. In some instances I checked where the light hit the image in order to have a sense of where I'm able to make this color look like a real life figure. After I did this and thought I was done, I decided that I wanted to work on it a little more. With wanting to enhance my drawing I decided that I would slightly incorporate my surroundings. With that in mind, I decided to make the clear object appear on the table of how exactly I saw it. 

IMAG0098 2
IMAG0098 2