Q2B_Reflection

Here is my project. 

My first step in this process entailed performing general research. I made a list of possible topics to search for, that pertain to laws, cases, and offices. The topics on my list were: health, labor, civil rights, family and finance. As I searched these topics others came about such as the Philadelphia Curfew Ordinance and the process of obtaining a passport. I came across helpful websites that thoroughly presented cases and laws that affect me. At some point, I thought about my life and circumstances and what laws and court cases impact me without researching. For the bureaucratic offices, I viewed the bureaucratic projects that the class completed.

The process was straightforward, but overall difficult. Finding court cases, laws and bureaucratic processes that impact me directly was the most difficult and time-consuming aspect. I went back and forth a few times to ensure that I chose some different topics that actually impact me and I could explain. I anticipate that I will interact more directly with the government as I age. Currently, I interact with the government through my mother. In the completion of this project, I learned about government programs, laws, and court cases that I had not heard of before. This project helped me examine how the government impacts my life whether negative or positive.