Q4 Benchmark

• What did you set out to do?

In this benchmark I set out to create a piece that will tell a story of something that impacted my life in a tremendous way. I decided to make this piece of art very personal and make myself vulnerable to the public. I used the lovers dictionary and the book of qualities as mentor texts what I created is very similar. This work is more than a replication of those pieces, but a journey that documents a peak time in my life.

• How does your work incorporate the art of storytelling?

It incorporates this art by telling a story. As a storyteller I set out with a goal, learned new things, gained new experiences, and wrote along the way. My final products goal is to tell a story in a different way than I would usually do it.

• What do you hope your audience gains from your work?

I really don’t want this piece of work to go viral. I would like to keep it between Rami and I. My only hope is that she gains some understanding of the things that happened in my life and how I have progressed into something different. 

• What did you gain from doing this work. 

My only hope was  to fulfill my passion as a writer with this piece of work. Discover who I was as a person and analyze the various situations in my life. I think I am very accomplished with this piece and it is filled with many thoughts and emotions. Overall, I enjoyed this process and I am nervous for someone other than myself to read it.