Q4B

Slideshow

The most challenging component of this project was capturing photos of things that properly represent themes of globalization in Philadelphia. This is actually the primary task of the project. The next challenging part was to explain the global impact of the organization, object, etc. I found it difficult to write two solid paragraphs that made sense. The preliminary work, determining what type of photos to capture, was time consuming and I was left with little time to thoroughly complete the other tasks.

I walked around with the globalization topics that we discussed in mind. I snapped pictures of any object that might have any relation to any of the topics. Then, I reviewed all of the pictures and assigned globalization topics to each. Next, I researched the essentiality, purpose of the thing(s) that were in the picture. For instance, I took a picture of the freight train that passes my building of residence daily. I proceeded to research the importance of railroads…

My favorite picture, regardless of its quality, might be the one of the freight train. The picture relates to the global economy theme. The picture might be my most unique as well.

The evidence of globalization in Philadelphia is substantial. I think that there is more evidence than what I found or acknowledged. I can’t say that there is more or less evidence of globalization in other cities versus the city of Philadelphia. My perspective while completing this assignment may have been limited. In order to answer his question, I would have to investigate…

In the future, I would anticipate the difficulties that I might encounter while completing this assignment. I did not expect the photo-taking process to be difficult, nor did I expect to have a hard time assigning global themes to them.