Quarter 1, Final Project

In quarter one, I created a variety of things, those things being: Fall wall painting, Self portrait, and Ceiling tile. Many of these projects consisted of; paper, pencils, paints blank canvases, pictures from online, and the imagination. My process of making these pieces was much more than just following the instructions and using the right materials. It was about drawing something that related to me, and meant something to me, while still following the directions. In addition that, if a picture did not have meaning, it was then part of my job to find meaning in that picture, and make it meaningful. Which included editing, and re-drawing.

Each project out of four in total, I learned from. The ceiling tile taught me perspective. How even though you see one thing, not everyone is going to see the same thing you do, but instead something totally knew. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing or a good thing, itś something we do naturally. The fall wall painting taught me, to not let myself down. For the fall wall hanging, I took one of the easier ways out, and did a quick 2hr drawing, and submitted it. Which was fine, but didn´t get me the grade I could have gotten because I took the easy way out. I told myself not to take the easy way out, and to the drawing last minute, but I ended up doing exactly that. The self portrait taught me, appreciate myself more. When drawing my self portrait I had to pay close attention to details on my face and clothes. At first I didn't like it at all, but soon I like it. I realized the things that I would call my ïmperfections” aren't imperfect, they are parts of who I am and they are perfectly me.

I feel that art is more about the youself within then what you see on the paper. It's about the process that counts, when you look at the picture you can't see the process that was gone through, you only see the finished product. The behind the scenes process, including influences is what produces the meaning of your art piece. Art can teach you many things about the art itself but most importantly it can teach you about the world around you, it can even teach about you. However art means different things for different people, honestly art is what you make of it.