3rd Blog Post: Revolving Door

Roughly 43 states have some kind of policy against revolving doors. Most of policies are saying an official cannot switch become a lobbyist with at least a one year period. The Obama-Biden Administration is also working against this in their administration saying the have a two-year waiting period. Laurence Lessig is also against this after having a lobbyist lobby for a topic a week early. Which called people to challenge the presidential candidates to promise that they will only appoint FCC commissioners who promise not to work for those who have regulated for at least 5 years after their term is over. He issued that call-to-action after the GAO found that the FCC is providing information to lobbyist about upcoming meeting agenda. Basically FCC members were lobbying information a week before its public announcement.

The main fighters of this issue is the Obama-Biden Administration,  and various facets of Federal Governments.  The only way I could fight something like it is to take it to federal court because it is against many our state policy.

Practically every industry and special interest area hires lobbyists to represent and defend their interests in Washington. However, some industries frequently employ a special breed of lobbyist: those who previously worked for the federal government they are tasked with lobbying.

Some of these "revolving door" lobbyists once toiled as low-level congressional staffers or entry-level bureaucrats.

Others who lobby against revolving door users could be influenced.

2005-Present.

congress-lobby
congress-lobby
imgres
imgres