Receiving A License To Carry A Concealed Weapon In Philadelphia.

image
image
​     Samantha Boyd and I chose to partner up to apply for a license to carry a concealed firearm in Philadelphia. I thought this process would be an excessive amount of work so when Ms.Laufenberg gave us this bureaucratic “task” to do I was a little uneasy about the whole thing.

My partner and I googled the process it took in order to apply for a license to carry a firearm in Philadelphia. We found out that all you really needed to do was fill out papers and supply a few documents. We printed out our papers and filled them out the way we would if we were to actually apply for the license.

The paper work was extremely easy to fill out, it wasn’t too long and over the top or worded in a way that left any type of confusion. Everything the papers asked was straight forward and was completed in a day.

If I could change one thing about the bureaucratic process that I flow charted about it would be the questions that are asked. I say this because a lot of the questions were extremely repetitive . Also I would add a little more information about how someone could go about completing this process if they didn’t have the necessary items. For example, if a person was convicted of a crime and they wanted to get a gun license I would go into detail about what they can do to receive their license even with these convictions.

I think the systems have become so complicated because there are a lot more issues and details that need to be addressed within our society so to try to ensure the safety and simplicity of our society certain precautions need to be made to make the jobs of people in the system easier.

I found this project to be extremely fun and interesting. I liked feeling like I was actually going through the movements knowing that these were the actual steps to receiving a firearm license. I liked feeling like I was apart of our larger working system as a people. 

Here's the link to our actual FlowChart.