Senior Portfolio

In our final quarter of Senior Art, we were suppose to add new pieces to our portfolio:
-Sculpture
-5 Photoshop Photos
-Copy of a piece of art work by a famous artist
-Line, Shading, Negative Space Bike Drawings
-Outside drawing

I did a few drawings that met with the guidelines but unfortunately I wasn't able to get to all of them. I worked very hard throughout the marking period though. First on the list, I started with a copy of a piece of art work by a famous artist. I didn't actually know where to start in the beginning. I've been attracted to modern art for a while and thought that maybe I should start there. As of right now while I type of my blog post, I can't exactly remember the artist's name but I will update this post as soon as I get it out from the textbook back in the classroom. But I was pretty proud of this piece because it took me as long as the paper beads I made (the sculpture), probably even longer
Getting the colors for the painting was probably the most difficult because I wanted to get a wide variety of colors and colors that actually mixed well together. This was sort of my first painting ever and I had to adjust to a certain brush stroke. I had to stop myself multiple times from drowning the whole paint brush into the paint but I eventually got the hang of it.

2011-06-03 14.14.16
2011-06-03 14.14.16
I also spent quite a long time on my paper beads. I have seen Emma and Kimberly try to do this and I have always been interested in recycling paper in that manner. I took a while for me to get the strips cut out the right way and then keep rolling them around a toothpick. It was very tiresome. I got that much done and thought yarn would work to thread them together but it ended up failing. The yarn of course wouldn't go through the beads and just overall wouldn't be able to hold them together. I looked though a few website and they have suggest that hemp wouldn't have worked perfectly. I didn't have enough time to obtain that though. I'll probably grab it though sometime in the future to finish the project.
2011-06-03 14.39.07_Philadelphia_Pennsylvania_US
I must admit the bike drawings were quite challenging. I wasn't able have to finish it completely. I usually get a better turn out when I'm really captured by the object. The bike didn't hold my interest for long. But one thing I was able to take away from this drawing is that sometimes you won't fall in love with every drawing you do, you just have to keep drawing until you do fall in love with a piece.
2011-06-03 16.51.17
2011-06-03 16.51.17
2011-06-03 17.39.19
2011-06-03 17.39.19