Social Networking is a Powerful Thing.

Social Networking is a powerful thing. We use it on a daily basis to communicate and many of us aren't very as appreciative as we should be about it. For this assignment, I interviewed my dad and his take on what he feels about social networking and what it was like to grow up without it. He speaks of his take on as to what they considered social networking and how things that seemed yet so futuristic are being used today. The positives of social networking and negatives are discussed on how it affects society and how people portraying themselves is important as a whole.

Here's My Project:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12932354/The%20Final%20Cut.m4a

Reflection:
 Crossing boundaries is portrayed in two ways throughout my project. Personally I crossed boundaries with being different from the typical teen who has Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Skype, ect. Since I don't have one it showed how it really could effect me by just not having one less thing because people look at this for jobs and educational purposes. Being so that I knew that affects of how people portray themselves is important through social networking, it was a large impact on my decision of not having any social networks. Social networking of course is a wonderful thing, but it has its ups and downs. Having a father that was on a social network who gave me about my future, could possibly have affected my decision as well since many teens probably don't have talks about social networking with their parents. 

During this interview process I learned more about my father's take on social networking. Previously, I knew that my father was on a social network and thought it was a wonderful thing, but I never knew that he grew up in the time of the Dick Tracy Era. Nor did I know about the Grape Vine and what that was until he explained it. It was interesting to know that Facebook was going on the stock market, considering that I would have never expected it. It was very interesting, but also helpful to have a parent's view on social networking that wasn't necessarily for or against social networking. 

In the beginning of my project, recording my intro was live, so it wasn't much rehearsed. It was shocking to see how much you could learn about multiple persons in less than 5 minutes. With editing my project, I had to edit out a lot of "ums" and moments were Jackie and myself were mean to each other. Although, I felt it was necessary to leave the thing like "Daaaamn" from our reactions because they were what we really felt.
 I learned that social networking makes you an easy victim of judgement.

Through peer editing, Some of the comments I agreed with whiles others I didn't. I changed the kind of music I used in the beginning and balanced it out as I was told to. Although, I didn't agree with taking out the music as a whole, but I did make it less distracting. I thought the music brought the project together as a whole to engage the audience, especially considering that my dad talked for most of the time. My strength, but weakness at the same time was editing because it was difficult and took up a lot of time with the project. It was difficult to chose certain parts because I felt like everything was pretty important, so I decided to just take some key components and edit out things that weren't as detailed as others. 

Isaac Adlowitz (Student 2014)
Isaac Adlowitz

I thought the beginning was cool because it showed people a typical discussion between two people in reagards to what they see on social networking sites. I liked how you got different points of view regarding how people feel about social networking.

Juan Rivera (Student 2014)
Juan Rivera

I like how in the beginning you had like a little comedy showing how girls/ guys be when they get on things like facebook and twitter and i liked the fact that your dad got straight to the point .. Great Job !

Victoria Odom (Student 2014)
Victoria Odom

I loved your podcast. The beginning really caught my attention and got me interested in your topic. I like how you used your dad and what he thinks about social networking today and teens and they act on the internet.