The Hunt -Michael Roth

There it is, lighting up like the sun, only I see it so brightly. To the two legged creatures, the “humans,” it’s a pony to be ridden. I’ve been unseen for far too long, time to make my presence known. I know I should remain unseen but I must feed. I pull my wings close, dive-bomb the earth. I break through the white sky-steam then extend my wings and swoop across the land, snatching the horned four legged creature they call a “unicorn” up in my jaws and taking the humans by surprise. They shout in surprise and disbelief in their insignificant little voices. I make a sharp turn, flying back to finish the humans. They run and cower in fear, even as I open my mouth and summon the fire from within, cooking them in their places. So odd, we have lived among them for so long yet they are still ignorant of our existence. Even now, flying towards their “city,” I see a minotaur walking down the street as unnoticed as the people’s impending doom. How shall I destroy them now, should I destroy the towers and let the rubble rain down into the streets? Or maybe I’ll land in the grass-square, the “park,” and cause havoc from the streets. Perhaps I’ll do both, first landing and striking fear into their hearts, then knocking down the buildings. I realize how evil I might sound now, why must I always kill? It is simply how I was raised, and I have never thought it good to do anything different. I kill to eat, it is how it works. If I do not find pleasure in this, I will starve. So now I land in the park, the minotaur sees me and begins to run. He’s not the only one, the people are all running, screaming. I open my maw and fly down the close together streets, collecting people and metal people-movers alike. The people-movers I can’t eat, I throw aside. Now there are loud noises and red blue light-flashers. Sudden pops as the people point their metal-launchers at me and squeeze. The metal bounces off my scales, making small booms with little lights flying away. They intend to hurt me, so I will scare them. I roar, so loud that they must cover the sides of their head and glass shatters in the buildings, falling down like rain. I open my mouth again to spray the people with fire, and they are still afraid. Now they are gone, their life presence no longer a part of this universe. Enough for today, now I fly back to the sky, back to home.

Juan Rivera (Student 2014)
Juan Rivera

This story is good , i like how you comedy into it made me laugh , and also it was a interesting one cause you also used imagination in the story which made it more wanting to read.