The Ride Home

I was sitting on the trolley on my way to 15th street, nothing unusual as so much goes for my daily routine. I get to 15th street and I begin to wait for the train to come rushing through on the tracks, standing as close as I can to the edge of the tracks so that I could feel the rush of air come through as the train passes. I look over to my right as I see a bunch of other kids harass this one other kid. The kids were speaking in a different language, sadly it was not Polish but something Slavic, probably Albanian. At the point when I looked over it was hard to tell if they were just playing around or if they were actually serious, but as time went by waiting for the train, I could tell that they were serious. I typically am the type of person that would not approach a problem if it is not mine because involving myself would only bring up a bigger problem probably for myself and the victim. As the train moves in on the tracks, I feel the whip of air hit me as it passes by. I could only help but think, how much that kind of bullying affects people and how it just can not be ignored sometimes. It really is a shame things come down to physical contact because of the weakness in other's people self esteem or even possibly boredom? What has this world come down to? What is our next generation going to be like, will things become worse?