Third Quarter Artist Statements. : )

Above as you can see i tried to go with a different idea of the self portrait. Instead of doing my whole face I decided to just draw half of it and then for the final product put the other half of my face in a picture with it. As you can see it didnt really turn out how i wanted but it still works. I think being to draw myself was kind of weird cause im so use to seeing my own face yet I didnt even know how to start the portrait. It was weird to look at myself and capture all the little details. Overall I liked the process just not the ending product. 
For the next project I decided to practice with shading. This I found to be one of the hardest projects. Part of it being because shading has always been difficult for me. I always found it to be one of the hardest things to do when it comes to drawing. I chose to do the circles since they seemed to be the easiest. I did three different sizes to try out and learn to do different sizes all at once. In the end I liked the way the biggest one turned out so thats why i included two pictures of that one and on the middle one I made it to stand out. 
For my next project I chose t go back to something I did the second quarter which was use photoshop. I picked a random picture I had on my desktop and just went crazy. For this I wanted to make the center of the feather stand out. I always found it to be the prettiest part of the picture. Its so bright yet simple. I also love the overall color of it. The shade of blue and green makes the picture go from being simple to a really eye popping picture. 
For my next project i did something a little more different. I chose to not use paint or anything like that but use a thread and needle. Lately I been into eagles and I thought it would be cool to draw it and then instead of color it or paint it go over it with thick thread since normal one wouldnt really show defeating the purpose of it. At first I had to ask for help from my mom. Even though it was hard to start it out i found myself enjoying the project. Overall im really happy with the end result and i have to say this is my best project this year. 
For my last project I decided to go back to photoshop. This time i chose to photo shop a picture of the track team at one of its meets. It was a picture i took by accident but it still turned out pretty to me. Even though it was a nice picture i still think that the brightest of the sun brought the picture down. This is why i made the picture a little bit more light with the red of the track so it could blend in with shadows.