Who am I online?

Today in class we watched a video about bullying. The video was centered around a boy and how he was bullied throughout his day. Throughout the video, there was an eye button at the bottom. If you pressed it, the outcome of the video would change, and the video would have a happier ending. The premise of the video was to promote an eye emoji, which was meant to be used against cyberbullying as a way of saying, "That's not okay!" to people who were harmful to others. It makes me glad that people are really taking a stand against bullying online, which is a more recent, yet more harmful form of bullying.
One of the biggest flukes with the internet is the sheer anonymity that comes with it. Most websites make you go under a username. This username could tell everyone who you are, or give no information as to who you are. This makes it almost impossible to pinpoint the person behind the screen, which can be good or bad in certain cases. Anonymity makes it somewhat hard to find a person, so stalking someone over the internet isn't easy. However, being anonymous on the internet makes it easy to get away with trolling and cyberbullying without consequences. 
When I, or any other person for that matter, is on the internet, it's very hard to get a good first impression on me (or anyone). In the real world, people tend to make impressions of people even before they speak. On the internet, that is impossible. What you write through messages, what you tell other people, and the tone of your writing is the only impression others will have. Based on how I send someone online a message is the primary way they'll get a grasp of what kind of person I am, so that can vary. I could be a perfectly fine person, or I could be a troll, someone who causes disruption, anger, or general frustration in others through the internet. I try to never portray myself as someone who would be harmful to others over the internet, and I don't think anyone I meet online thinks of me very negatively, unless they're an extreme pessimist.
TROLL
TROLL