Worst Birthday Party Ever

I was in third grade at my best friend's birthday party. I had never been too into ice skating. Being from Philly, hockey is one of the least popular sports in the city. Nevertheless I was excited to try ice skating. For the first half of ice skating I mainly stayed on the wall, or walking on my skates to create the illusion that i was actually skating. Then, my friend who had been ice skating several times before wanted to help me out. I grabbed her hand and she skated along with me attached. 

It was time for lunch, but with my newfound confidence from skating I was eager to get back out there. I wolfed down my Pizza and watched as the zambini cleaned the ice to perfection. After getting back out, I wanted to test out my new skills. I ventured from the wall and began skating. However, I quickly found myself off balance and face down in the ice. 

Now for this next part, I have no clue exactly how it happened, but someone ran over my lip with their skate. There was blood all over the freshly polished ice, and they had to rush me to the hospital, where I got several stitches. The recovery time took a couple weeks for them to dissolve. Worst birthday party ever.