You in the world: Homelessness

The you and the world project is important. My project tells about homelessness in Philadelphia. Homelessness affects many people, because it can happen to anyone. Homelessness is a big problem, and many don’t recover from it. The ways people recover from being homeless is getting help from shelters. Homelessness is defined as not having a fixed residence to sleep at in the nighttime. In Philadelphia, experts estimate that at many 4,000 people are homeless.

The homeless population in Philadelphia has risen in the last two years. The population of homeless people is rising, and people are becoming homeless everyday. It is estimated that 4,000 are homeless and living on the streets. The homeless people would be getting food if it weren’t for mayor Nuttter. His ban stops all public feeding of the homeless.             

People in parks and food corners downtown gave homeless people food. After the ban by Mayor Nutter people will not be able to feed homeless people. Homeless people were being feed, but now they won’t be. Mayor Nutter is currently trying to change feeding in city parks. He is trying to make them go to shelters to get food, but really he is trying to make them leave. Making the homeless people leave is degrading to them, and is going to make them leave.

My issue is a big problem, and can be contained easily. The only problem is the effort that people want to put in. When the city works together, we can make a big difference. If the citizens of Philadelphia work together we can give lots of people home, and cut a big gap out of homelessness. When people work together they can do great things, so why don’t the citizens of Philadelphia help the homeless. If we work together we can make a big difference for the Philadelphia homeless.

Click here for my bibliography.

Chris Tran (Student 2015)
Chris Tran

I notice that you have a lot of info found on the internet. I like the way you have info. I wonder if you can do additional stuff for your project. What if you go out with a live camera and record homeless people in the streets.